Diamond in the Rough Cowl
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
This Diamond in the Rough Cowl is a fabulous cowl that will keep you nice and warm during the winter months. Bernat is used in black and white contrasting colors making this a great ensemble to any outfit.
Thanks to gramluluandrus 1885132 who suggested the name Diamond in the Rough!
Crochet Hook: N/15 or 10 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
Approx 12 ins [30.5 cm] deep x 42½ ins [108 cm] around.
- Bernat® Colorama (100 g/3.5 oz; 47 m/52 yds)
- Main Color (MC) (05040 Black Beauty) 4 balls
- Contrast A (05005 A La Mode) 4 balls
- Size 10 mm (U.S. N/P or 15) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge.
2 shells and 5 rows = 5 ins [12.5 cm] in pat.
With MC, ch 102 loosely. Join in rnd (taking care not to twist chain).
1st rnd: Ch 1. 1 sc in first sc. *Miss next 2 ch. [(1 dc. Ch 1)twice. 1 dc] in next ch – shell made. Miss next 2 ch. 1 sc in next ch. Rep from * around, omitting 1 sc at end of last rep. Join A with sl st in first sc.
2nd rnd: With A, ch 4 (counts as dc and ch 1). 1 dc in same sp as last sl st. *1 sc in center dc of next shell. Shell in next sc.Rep from * around, ending with 1 sc in center dc of last shell.(1 dc. Ch 1) in same sp as first dc. Join MC with sl st to 3rd chof ch 4.
3rd rnd: With MC, ch 1. 1 sc in same sp as last sl st. *Shell in next sc. 1 sc in center dc of next shell. Rep from * around,omitting 1 sc at end of last rep. Join A with sl st in first sc.
Rep 2nd and 3rd rnds for pat.
Cont in pat until work from beg measures approx 12 ins[30.5 cm], ending with a 3rd rnd of pat. Fasten off.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 16 Crochet Shawl Patterns: DIY Clothing You'll Love
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- How to Crochet a Blanket for Infants & Toddlers: 11 Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags
- Man Crafts: 10 Free Patterns to Crochet for Men
- Never Ending Granny Afghans: 8 Crochet Patterns with Diagrams & Video Tutorials
- Pretty Flowers to Crochet: Brightly Colored Crochet Flower Patterns
- Summer Crochet Patterns: 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns