One Skein Wrap
By: Marilyn Losee from Caron Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Use an easy crochet pattern like this one to make a beautiful wrap. This One Skein Wrap is especially great because you can use just one skein of yarn to make it from start to finish. Use any color yarn you want to complete this quick and easy crochet pattern. It's the perfect item to wear year-round to keep the chill off your shoulders.
Crochet Hook: N/15 or 10 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
One Pound (454 g/16. oz;742 m/812 yds)
- Main Color (MC) Cream (0589): 1 skein
Approx. 24"/61 cm wide x 68"/172.5 cmlong
In pattern, 3 pattern repeats = 16"/40.5cm and 7 rows = 8"/20.5cm. Note: One pattern repeat forms one "wave",
and includes one dc7tog, 6 tr, and the ch-1 sps between them.
*Pattern updated 1/15/14
Wrap is worked horizontally (lengthwise).
1. For a longer or shorter wrap, work more or fewer beginning chains in multiples of 12. Each multiple of 12 will lengthen or shorten the wrap by about 2"/5cm.
2. For a wider or narrower wrap, work more or fewer repeats of Rows 2 and 3.
Ch 159 loosely.
Row 1: Dc3tog working over 4th ch from hook and next 2 ch, ch 1, [tr in next ch, ch 1] twice, (tr, ch 1, tr) in next ch, [ch 1, tr in next ch] twice, ch 1, *dc7tog over next 7 ch, ch 1, [tr in next ch, ch 1] twice, (tr, ch 1, tr) in next ch, [ch 1, tr in next ch] twice, ch 1; repeat from * to last 4 ch, dc4tog over last 4 ch, turn—13 pattern repeats.
Row 2: Ch 3, dc in next ch-1 sp, [dc in next tr, dc in next ch-1 sp] 5 times, dc in next tr, *dc2tog over next 2 ch-1 sps (skipping the dc7tog in between), [dc in next tr, dc in next ch-1 sp] 5 times, dc in next tr; repeat from * across to last ch-1 sp, dc2tog over last ch-1 sp and last dc3tog, turn.
Row 3: Ch 3, sk first dc2tog, dc3tog over next 3 dc, ch 1, [tr in next dc, ch 1] twice, (tr, ch 1, tr) in next dc, [ch 1, tr in next dc] twice, ch 1, *dc7tog over next 7 dc, ch 1, [tr in next dc, ch 1] twice, (tr, ch 1, tr) in next dc, [ch 1, tr in next dc] twice, ch 1; repeat from * to last 4 dc, dc4tog over last 4 dc, turn.
Repeat Rows 2 and 3 until piece measures 24"/61cm wide (or to desired width). Fasten off.
Cut remaining yarn into strands 14–16"/35.5–40.5cm long. Holding 2 strands together, fold fringe in half. *Insert crochet hook from WS to RS in side edge of wrap, pull fold through, insert ends into fold and pull tight against edge; repeat from *, working across side edge. Repeat across other side edge. Optional (knotted fringe): Draw one end of the 2 strands all the way through the piece, folding the strands in half, until all 4 ends are even, tie an overhand knot about 1"/2cm from side edge.
View this nifty pattern and others in our project collection Crochet for Mom: 25 Patterns to Make Mom Feel Like a Queen Bee.
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags