Night and Day Wrap
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Use this easy crochet pattern to make yourself something great to wear day in and day out. The Night and Day Wrap by Red Heart Yarn is worked up using just three skeins of Light and Lofty yarn, which is a super bulky weight yarn. It's a great winter pattern to wrap up in and it works up unbelievably fast. This free crochet pattern is made with two vertical strips which are joined in the middle while working.
Crochet Hook: P/16 or 16 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
- RED HEART® “Light & Lofty®”: 1 Skein each
9312 Onyx A, 9316 Puff B and 9965 Zebra Stripe C
- Crochet Hook: 11.5mm [US P-16]
- 2 Stitch markers, yarn needle
Wrap measures 16 1/2” x 77”
8 sts = 5.5”; 5 rows = 5.5” in dc pattern.
CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge
Wrap is composed of 2 vertical strips which are joined together while working the middle (mesh) section.
FIRST STRIP: With A, ch 10.
Row 1 (Wrong Side): Dc in 4th ch from hook and in each ch across; turn = 8 sts.
Rows 2-68: Ch 3 (counts as first dc), dc between first 2 dc, [dc between next 2 dc] 5 times, dc between next dc and beginning ch; turn – 8 sts.
Fasten off. Place a marker around the post of the last dc worked.
Work same as First Strip with B, marking the last dc as before EXCEPT odd number rows are right side.
MIDDLE SECTION-Row 1: Working across long edge, with right side of First strip facing, join C around post of marked dc, * ch 5, skip next row end, sc around post of next row end; repeat from * to last row; ch 5, sc around last row end; turn.
Rows 2-4: Ch 5, sc in first ch-5 space, * ch 5, sc in next ch-5 space; repeat from* across; turn.
Joining Row-Row 5: Ch 2, sc around post of marked dc of 2nd Strip, ch 2, sc in first ch-5 space, * ch 2, skip next row end on 2nd Strip, sc around post of next row end, ch 2, sc in next ch-5 space; repeat from * across; ch 2, sc around last row end of 2nd Strip. Fasten off. Weave in ends.
A, B, C = color A, B, C; ch = chain; dc= double crochet; mm= millimeters; sc= single crochet; st(s) = stitch (es); * = repeat whatever follows the * or ** as indicated; [ ] = work directions in brackets the number of times specified
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- No-Calorie Ice Cream Cone
- Hippie Holidays Vest
- Victorian Christmas Placemat
- Olaf the Snowman Crochet Pattern
- Victorian Christmas Coaster
- Frankenstein Child Headband
- Magical Tooth Fairy Pillow
- Poinsettia Christmas Coasters
- Christmas Crochet Angel
- Season of Giving Headband