8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
I'm married and have been with my husband Danny for over 30 years. I'm a mom to a thirty-something year old son. He is living in Minnesota and is married a woman born, raised and schooled in Italy.
I work full time in service to the State of Kentucky and every spare moment when I'm on a break or am at home, I'm designing, crocheting and knitting. I got bit by the yarn bug at the age 12 as I watched my mother crochet ponchos back in the hippie days for my sister and myself. I remember being about 14 in the early 70's and taking my babysitting money and walking about 4 miles into town to the five and dime store where I bought a crochet book, hook and a skein of yarn. I secretly taught myself to make a simple hat from a pattern but I didn't like something about the finished hat; I modified the pattern and to this day I remember the modified pattern but not the original pattern. The modified pattern is on my blog and is called "Brain Dead Easy Short Row Hat". I dabbled a bit in the 80's crocheting pineapple doilies and table cloths and once again had to re-teach myself how to crochet. Twenty years later in 2008 when I watched my niece knit a hat, I got bit by the yarn bug and it got me back in the mood to try again to learn how to crochet and knit. I re-taught myself again how to crochet and the rest is history. I thought I'd offer my first pattern out on the Internet and once I saw the interest, I developed more patterns and it just took off.
I just like to do things "simple" and lighter shades of yarn as my eyes are to bad for dark colors of yarn. I hate complicated . I just like simple, easy, blankets, hats and scarves.
Fun Fact About Me:
When I watch tv, I air-type all of the words spoken on tv to increase my typing speed. I even hit the imaginary correction/backup button when I make an error. Sometimes for fun while watching tv, I'll air-type with my fingers and also with my toes.
Patterns on AllFreeCrochet
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 11 Free Christmas Crochet Patterns for Your Home
- 12 Halloween Crafts to Crochet
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 5 Free Christmas Crochet Patterns: Crochet Christmas Wreaths
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- Fall Crochet: 16 Free Crochet Patterns
- Free Crochet Designs: 10 Home Decor Christmas Crochet Patterns
- Have a Red Heart Holiday: 20 Knit & Crochet Gifts and Decorating Ideas
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Lion Brand's New Fall Collection: 15 Free Crochet Scarf Patterns, Afghan Patterns, and More
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- 16 Crochet Animal Blanket Patterns
- Your Crochet New Years Resolution: Crochet Projects by Skill Level
- Black Cat Hat
- Spider Web Applique
- Beauty and the Beast Shawl
- Bailey Boot Cuffs
- Fun and Flirty Winter Scarf
- Loving Hearts Wrap
- Autumn Sunrise Hat
- Amazing Grace Beanie