14 Free Crochet Hat Patterns: Crochet Beanie Hats, Crochet Cap Patterns, and More
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
I'm married and have been with my husband Danny for over 30 years. I'm a mom to a thirty-something year old son. He is living in Minnesota and is married a woman born, raised and schooled in Italy.
I work full time in service to the State of Kentucky and every spare moment when I'm on a break or am at home, I'm designing, crocheting and knitting. I got bit by the yarn bug at the age 12 as I watched my mother crochet ponchos back in the hippie days for my sister and myself. I remember being about 14 in the early 70's and taking my babysitting money and walking about 4 miles into town to the five and dime store where I bought a crochet book, hook and a skein of yarn. I secretly taught myself to make a simple hat from a pattern but I didn't like something about the finished hat; I modified the pattern and to this day I remember the modified pattern but not the original pattern. The modified pattern is on my blog and is called "Brain Dead Easy Short Row Hat". I dabbled a bit in the 80's crocheting pineapple doilies and table cloths and once again had to re-teach myself how to crochet. Twenty years later in 2008 when I watched my niece knit a hat, I got bit by the yarn bug and it got me back in the mood to try again to learn how to crochet and knit. I re-taught myself again how to crochet and the rest is history. I thought I'd offer my first pattern out on the Internet and once I saw the interest, I developed more patterns and it just took off.
I just like to do things "simple" and lighter shades of yarn as my eyes are to bad for dark colors of yarn. I hate complicated . I just like simple, easy, blankets, hats and scarves.
Fun Fact About Me:
When I watch tv, I air-type all of the words spoken on tv to increase my typing speed. I even hit the imaginary correction/backup button when I make an error. Sometimes for fun while watching tv, I'll air-type with my fingers and also with my toes.
Patterns on AllFreeCrochet
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Thick and Neutral Crochet Poncho
- The Crochet Guild of America (CGOA)
- Weaving in Your Ends
- Vintage Crochet Shell Stitch
- Granny Square Crochet Blanket
- The Ruthie Scarf
- Granny Stripes Candy Cane Scarf
- Lucky Clover Headband
- Super Pretty Bow Headband
- Sunflower Crochet Headband