8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
I'm married and have been with my husband Danny for over 30 years. I'm a mom to a thirty-something year old son. He is living in Minnesota and is married a woman born, raised and schooled in Italy.
I work full time in service to the State of Kentucky and every spare moment when I'm on a break or am at home, I'm designing, crocheting and knitting. I got bit by the yarn bug at the age 12 as I watched my mother crochet ponchos back in the hippie days for my sister and myself. I remember being about 14 in the early 70's and taking my babysitting money and walking about 4 miles into town to the five and dime store where I bought a crochet book, hook and a skein of yarn. I secretly taught myself to make a simple hat from a pattern but I didn't like something about the finished hat; I modified the pattern and to this day I remember the modified pattern but not the original pattern. The modified pattern is on my blog and is called "Brain Dead Easy Short Row Hat". I dabbled a bit in the 80's crocheting pineapple doilies and table cloths and once again had to re-teach myself how to crochet. Twenty years later in 2008 when I watched my niece knit a hat, I got bit by the yarn bug and it got me back in the mood to try again to learn how to crochet and knit. I re-taught myself again how to crochet and the rest is history. I thought I'd offer my first pattern out on the Internet and once I saw the interest, I developed more patterns and it just took off.
I just like to do things "simple" and lighter shades of yarn as my eyes are to bad for dark colors of yarn. I hate complicated . I just like simple, easy, blankets, hats and scarves.
Fun Fact About Me:
When I watch tv, I air-type all of the words spoken on tv to increase my typing speed. I even hit the imaginary correction/backup button when I make an error. Sometimes for fun while watching tv, I'll air-type with my fingers and also with my toes.
Patterns on AllFreeCrochet
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 16 Crochet Shawl Patterns: DIY Clothing You'll Love
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Hop Into Spring 7 Free Easter Crochet Patterns
- How to Crochet a Blanket for Infants & Toddlers: 11 Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Man Crafts: 10 Free Patterns to Crochet for Men
- Never Ending Granny Afghans: 8 Crochet Patterns with Diagrams & Video Tutorials
- Pretty Flowers to Crochet: Brightly Colored Crochet Flower Patterns
- Spring is Here! 10 Free Crochet Flower Patterns and Butterfly Fun
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Zippered Crochet Boot Cuffs
- Fauxchet Crochet Easter Eggs
- Ladder Fringed Crochet Scarf
- Beginner Barefoot Crochet Sandals
- Crochet Lace Patterns: 31 Crochet Shawl Patterns
- Red Heart Dream Yarn Prize Package
- Boho Crochet
- Adorable Bunny Baby Crochet Outfit
- Flirty Crochet Shawl
- Ruffled Crochet Baby Booties