14 Free Crochet Hat Patterns: Crochet Beanie Hats, Crochet Cap Patterns, and More
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Berta Gilholm, from St. Petersburg Florida, a retired and enjoying it senior citizen.
I am a mother of 2 married daughter’s and blessed with 7 Grand Children and 4 Great Grand Children who all keep me busy with anything from any crafting category. I’ve always created as long as I remember. My parents bought me all kinds of art material when growing up. I was like a sponge when it came to art and crafts and hung out with teachers and other crafty friends to hone my skills and gather knowledge. Someone was always asking me to paint, decoupage, design or needlework something for them. Idea’s would pop into my head so often I started making little notes to myself to remind me about projects to complete. My favorite craft is crochet, then sewing, beading and knitting.
When I was 4 years old a favorite Aunt taught me to crochet and I really loved it. It was difficult at first because, she only crocheted beautiful lace like articles out of fine crochet threads like doilies, bedspreads, dainty gloves, etc. By the time I was 5, I was looking for new stitches, larger hooks and fresh patterns. Like all needlework crafters I was always circulating between 4 or 5 projects at a time.
Before retiring, I worked for the city recreation department in the administrative office for children’s programs. I used to teach classes in different crafts including crochet and knitting. Children learn quickly if you give them something age appropriate and interesting to work on. Our recreation centers used to host flea markets inside and around their buildings to make money for programs. We would make things to sell like African masks, knit and crocheted articles for anyone, and crafting supplies like homemade beads or homegrown gourds for crafters like us.
I really enjoyed working with the children’s programs and it taught me a lot, especially patience but, I thoroughly enjoy being retired. I retired in 2007 and haven’t had a boring moment yet. I think senior living is the best job I’ve ever had and I have so many more projects to create that I need the time.
Berta's Patterns on AllFreeCrochet:
Bedspread or Afghan
Crochet Mood Doll Pattern
Crocheted Snood Headband
Fingerless Striped Gloves
Polka Dot Felted Purse
Sunflower Felted Purse
Soft Comfy Poncho for Fall
Boucle/Terry Blankie, Hat and Booties
Granny Gee's Colorful Pillow Cover
Halloween Cat Toy
Birdie's Baby Blanket
Felted Striped Reader Purse
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Thick and Neutral Crochet Poncho
- The Crochet Guild of America (CGOA)
- Weaving in Your Ends
- Vintage Crochet Shell Stitch
- Granny Square Crochet Blanket
- The Ruthie Scarf
- Granny Stripes Candy Cane Scarf
- Lucky Clover Headband
- Super Pretty Bow Headband
- Sunflower Crochet Headband