Thanks for signing up!
Crochet Bumble Berry Pie Afghan
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Make yourself a Beautiful Bumble Berry Pie Afghan to wrap yourself in and sit by the fire. This free crochet afghan pattern is fun to make and all its colors make a fabulous design. It may take some time, but you'll love the finished product.
Crochet Hook: H/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Inspired by the colours of Bumble Berry Pie, I dared push the limits and challenged myself to create as many different combinations of squares throughout this pattern. Here's the trick though... I used only one type of yarn ball to make it happen. Used in this pattern is Bernat's Mosaic Brand, color is called Medusa. The colour transitions so slowly that each square potentially looks unique to itself. I also suggest using half of the balls from the inside string going out and the other have pulling from the outside of the ball working in. This doubles your colour combinations available.
Finished Size is 5.25 feet by 5.25 feet.
- Bernat Mosaic Yarn (Color used was Medusa). Any Bernat Mosaic Yarn coloring will produce similar results.
- Skeins: 17 (13 Skeins to construct Squares and 3 skeins for joining and outside perimeter border.
- 5.5 MM hook or H
- Mosaic Yarn is thinner and value yarn. It will produce smaller squares but are ideal for the coloring achieved.
- No color changing is required, the yarn will do the work for you.
- This blanket will take between 26 – 30 hours to complete.
Squares – Make 143
Rnd 1: Ch 6 and join, ch 3 (counts as 1st dc) 15 dc and join to top of ch 3, 16 dc
Rnd 2: Dc ch 4 (counts as dc, ch 1) *dc, ch 1 in each dc around, be sure to count 16 or the next round will not match properly.
Rnd 3: Ch 3 and put 2 DC into the same space. *Ch1 and put 3 dc, in the second ch1 space on the previous row. Skip next Ch1 space and put 3dc, ch2, 3 dc, ch1 repeat *twice, sk space, 3 dc ch 1 and join.
Rnd 4: ch 3, 2dc, ch 1, skip to next space *3 dc, ch 1, skip to next space 3 dc, ch1, 3dc, ch 2, 3dc, ch1 (corner made) continue from around and join, sl st to corner
Once 128 are made, begin attaching method. If you prefer your squares to be vertical and horizontal. Changes in the layout and granny square counts will change.
Follow perimeter around like a regular granny square stitch to ensure the border is nice and clean looking.
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- No Beginning Chain Basket Throw
- Multicolored Grannyghan Afghan
- Ocean Tranquility Afghan
- Lacy Chainless Blanket
- Pretty Peacock Crocheted Afghan
- Striped Cotton Candy Afghan
- Chainless Quick Shell Afghan
- No Beginning Chain Egg Blanket
- Diamond Pond Afghan
- 265 Crocheted Afghans and Granny Squares: The Complete Guide to Free Crochet Afghan Patterns
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags