Thanks for signing up!
Comfy Cozy Headband
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
This free crochet headband pattern will keep your ears warm during Fall and Winter. The Comfy Cozy Headband has just the right amount of sparkle in it from the Red Heart Stardust yarn used to work it up, making it perfect for girls of all ages. Consider making multiple headbands to carry you through the seasons and to match all of your winter outfits. Be stylish even during the coldest of winters with this cute striped crochet headband.
Crochet Hook: 4.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (1) Super Fine (27-32 stitches to 4 inches)
- RED HEART® Stardust:
- 2 skeins 1805 Blue A
- 1 skein 1623 Green B
- Crochet Hook: 4.25 mm [US G-7]
- Yarn needle
GAUGE: 20 sts = 4”; 14 rows = 4”. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
ABBREVIATIONS: A, B, C = Color A, Color B, Color C etc; ch = chain; dc = double crochet; hdc = half double crochet; mm = millimeters; sc = single crochet; st(s) = stitch(es); yo = yarn over; [ ] = work directions in brackets the number of times specified; * or ** = repeat whatever follows the * or ** as indicated.
- Foundation single crochet (fsc) = First St: Ch 2, insert hook under top 2 strands of first ch, yo, draw up a loop, yo, draw through 1 loop, yo, draw through both loops (first fsc complete). Remaining sts: Insert hook under both loops of previous st, yo, draw up a loop, yo, draw through 1 loop, yo, draw through both loops.
- Chain 2 counts as hdc throughout. All stitches are worked into the top and the back loop of the indicated stitch to form a ridge in the completed row.
With A, Fsc 20; ch 2, turn to work into sc side of foundation ch.
Row 1: Hdc in the next 4 sts, *ch 1, skip next st, cl in the next st, ch 1, skip next st, hdc in the next 5 sts; repeat from * across; ch 2, turn – 2 cl, 4 ch-1 spaces, 15 hdc sts.
Row 2: Hdc in the next 4 sts, *cl in the next ch-1 space, ch 1, skip next st, cl in the next ch-1 space, hdc in the next 5 sts; repeat from * across; ch 2, turn – 4 cl, 2 ch-1 spaces, 15 hdc sts.
Repeat Rows 1 and 2 following the headband stripe sequence until piece measures 18½” (20”) long. Fasten off.
Headband Stripe Sequence: For 18½” (20”) headband, work 9 (12) rows with A, 3 rows with B, 3 rows with A, 3 rows with B, 9 rows with A, 9 rows with B, 9 rows with A, 3 rows with B, 3 rows with A, 3 rows with B, 9 (12) rows with A.
With A, fsc 20; ch 3, turn to work into sc side of foundation ch.
Row 1: Dc in each st across; ch 3, turn – 20 sts
Repeat Row 1 until piece measures 18½” (20”) long.
With yarn needle, sew long edges of both pieces together.
Turn inside out. Sew ends of lining edge together, inserting needle in each st on each end. Sew the outside edges together in the same manner. Weave in ends.
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Simple One Skein Headband
- 60 Minute Patterns: 22 Quick Crochet Designs
- 15 Minute Headband
- Punky Pumpkin Boot Cuffs
- Star Stitch Wrist Cuff
- 23 Crochet Headband Patterns and Accessories
- Leftover Yarn Scrunchie
- Bow Boot Cuffs
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry and Crochet Belts
- Hipster Crochet Glasses Case
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags