Use Up Leftover Yarn: 12 Free Crochet Patterns for Scrap Yarn, Plus One Skein Wonders
Learn Bruges Lace
By: Editors of AllFreeCrochet.com
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Learn Bruges Lace
Provided by Annie's
Reviewed by Jeanette Benoit
Learn Bruges Lace by Ellen Gormley is a wonderful crochet book to add to your collection. This technique book includes step-by-step crochet tutorials that will teach you everything you need to know about how to crochet Bruges lace. Each tutorial includes both written and symbol instructions. Once you've learned the technique, you can then practice your new crochet skills with any one of the eight fun and fashionable crochet patterns that are included in the book, as well.
Bruges lace is an old technique that originated in Belgium in the 1930s. At first glance, Bruges lace seems complex and intricate, but it's really quite simple. The structure of this deceptively simple technique is made up 3 elements: a short row of stitches (called the "ribbon" or "tape"), chain loops on the sides of the rows, and the joins to other rows or motifs (sometimes called "crosses"). Traditional lace is usually made with only one color, but the neat thing about Bruges lace is that because it's worked in pieces, it's easy to incorporate more than one color.
Learning how to crochet Bruges lace is a cinch with the help of this technique book from Annie's. The stitch tutorials are super easy to learn, and once you've learned the basics, you can test your skills by making any one of the featured crochet patterns. Projects include the Pea Pod Scarf (pg 20), the adorable Toddler Hat (pg. 31), and the Dune Throw (pg. 45). If you've been wanting to expand your crochet skills, you'll defintely want to pick up a copy of this book and learn how to crochet Bruges lace today. It's a wonderful technique that every crocheter should know.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Make It A Red Heart Holiday
- How To Crochet Granny Squares: 9 Free Crochet Afghan Patterns
- 16 Crochet Shawl Patterns: DIY Clothing You'll Love
- Guide To Free Crochet Patterns
- Hop Into 7 Free Easter Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- One Skein Patterns: Crochet Made Simple
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- Fall Crochet: 16 Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Adorable Crochet Amigurumi Patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Seton Crochet Group
- Yarn Butler
- Colorado Beanie Hat Top Down
- Peace Sign Shoulder Bag
- Faux Crochet Outdoor Boots
- Fuzzy Top Crochet Beanie
- Gradient Love Crochet Heart
- Scrapbuster Crochet Juggling Balls
- Two-Toned Crochet Bracelet Pattern
- Pacific Sunset Crochet Fingerless Mitts