Use Up Leftover Yarn: 12 Free Crochet Patterns for Scrap Yarn, Plus One Skein Wonders
Learn Bruges Lace
By: Editors of AllFreeCrochet.com
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Learn Bruges Lace
Provided by Annie's
Reviewed by Jeanette Benoit
Learn Bruges Lace by Ellen Gormley is a wonderful crochet book to add to your collection. This technique book includes step-by-step crochet tutorials that will teach you everything you need to know about how to crochet Bruges lace. Each tutorial includes both written and symbol instructions. Once you've learned the technique, you can then practice your new crochet skills with any one of the eight fun and fashionable crochet patterns that are included in the book, as well.
Bruges lace is an old technique that originated in Belgium in the 1930s. At first glance, Bruges lace seems complex and intricate, but it's really quite simple. The structure of this deceptively simple technique is made up 3 elements: a short row of stitches (called the "ribbon" or "tape"), chain loops on the sides of the rows, and the joins to other rows or motifs (sometimes called "crosses"). Traditional lace is usually made with only one color, but the neat thing about Bruges lace is that because it's worked in pieces, it's easy to incorporate more than one color.
Learning how to crochet Bruges lace is a cinch with the help of this technique book from Annie's. The stitch tutorials are super easy to learn, and once you've learned the basics, you can test your skills by making any one of the featured crochet patterns. Projects include the Pea Pod Scarf (pg 20), the adorable Toddler Hat (pg. 31), and the Dune Throw (pg. 45). If you've been wanting to expand your crochet skills, you'll defintely want to pick up a copy of this book and learn how to crochet Bruges lace today. It's a wonderful technique that every crocheter should know.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 8 Last Minute Valentine Gifts: Crochet Patterns for that Special Someone
- Crochet in Color: 11 Colorful Crochet Patterns
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How To Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags
- Never Ending Granny Afghans: 8 Crochet Patterns with Diagrams & Video Tutorials
- Pretty Flowers to Crochet: Brightly Colored Crochet Flower Patterns
- Spring is Here! 10 Free Crochet Flower Patterns and Butterfly Fun
- Use Up Leftover Yarn: 12 Free Crochet Patterns for Scrap Yarn, Plus One Skein Wonders
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Fields of Sunflowers Granny Square
- Monster Love Bugs
- Ribbed Baby Bonnet Cap
- Pretty Pineapple Dishcloth
- Teeny Toddler Top
- Hanging Crochet Towel Topper
- Earth Day Crochet Amigurumi Pattern
- Boy's Crochet Sweater & Pants Set
- Lucky Springtime Crochet Shawl
- Lucky Crochet Clover