Use Up Leftover Yarn: 12 Free Crochet Patterns for Scrap Yarn, Plus One Skein Wonders
Learn Bruges Lace
By: Editors of AllFreeCrochet.com
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Learn Bruges Lace
Provided by Annie's
Reviewed by Jeanette Benoit
Learn Bruges Lace by Ellen Gormley is a wonderful crochet book to add to your collection. This technique book includes step-by-step crochet tutorials that will teach you everything you need to know about how to crochet Bruges lace. Each tutorial includes both written and symbol instructions. Once you've learned the technique, you can then practice your new crochet skills with any one of the eight fun and fashionable crochet patterns that are included in the book, as well.
Bruges lace is an old technique that originated in Belgium in the 1930s. At first glance, Bruges lace seems complex and intricate, but it's really quite simple. The structure of this deceptively simple technique is made up 3 elements: a short row of stitches (called the "ribbon" or "tape"), chain loops on the sides of the rows, and the joins to other rows or motifs (sometimes called "crosses"). Traditional lace is usually made with only one color, but the neat thing about Bruges lace is that because it's worked in pieces, it's easy to incorporate more than one color.
Learning how to crochet Bruges lace is a cinch with the help of this technique book from Annie's. The stitch tutorials are super easy to learn, and once you've learned the basics, you can test your skills by making any one of the featured crochet patterns. Projects include the Pea Pod Scarf (pg 20), the adorable Toddler Hat (pg. 31), and the Dune Throw (pg. 45). If you've been wanting to expand your crochet skills, you'll defintely want to pick up a copy of this book and learn how to crochet Bruges lace today. It's a wonderful technique that every crocheter should know.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 13 Free Baby Crochet Patterns: Crochet Baby Hats, Crochet Booties & More
- 16 Crochet Shawl Patterns: DIY Clothing You'll Love
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- Guide To Free Crochet Patterns
- How to Crochet a Blanket for Infants & Toddlers: 11 Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags
- Pretty Flowers to Crochet: Brightly Colored Crochet Flower Patterns
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Preciously Pink Easy Baby Blanket and Hat
- Round Little Zebra Amigurumi Pattern
- Roly Poly Panda
- Timeless Checkered Baby Blanket
- Playful Pikachu-Inspired Amigurumi
- Amara Shawl
- Gingerbread Dog Bandanna
- Aurora Butterfly Photo Prop Hat
- Rettangolini Scarf
- Car Seat Cover