Thanks for signing up!
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
When working with free crochet afghan patterns you may come across a ripple stitch pattern. Michael Sellick says it's visually stunning as one side of your work will have a rippling effect. It’s very much like a sand bar at a beach or even ripples on top of the water. Rippling causes material to compact upon itself and can use more yarn than normal. But you will not experience any holes in your work to keep you nice and warm on a winter’s night.
Pros & Cons
- Uses more yarn than normal.
- The sides and bottoms can roll up unto itself if the design isn’t large enough. It’s because the ripple is on on one side of the material.
- Really super amazing to look at and many have successful done it with very happy results.
This video will demonstrate the ripple stitch.
Images from other crafters
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED PROJECTS
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn to Crochet Something New with Free Crochet Patterns
- Learn to Crochet: 25 Simple Crochet Patterns for Beginners
- How to Crochet the Bobble Stitch + Free Crochet Patterns
- Learning the Crochet Stitches
- Crochet Abbreviations
- How Do You Read a Crochet Pattern?
- How to Crochet Ribbing
- The History of Crochet
- Basket Weave Stitch
- How to Cast Off and Hide Loose Ends
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- No-Calorie Ice Cream Cone
- Hippie Holidays Vest
- Victorian Christmas Placemat
- Olaf the Snowman Crochet Pattern
- Victorian Christmas Coaster
- Frankenstein Child Headband
- Magical Tooth Fairy Pillow
- Poinsettia Christmas Coasters
- Christmas Crochet Angel
- Season of Giving Headband