Thanks for signing up!
Join as You Go
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
While making free crochet afghan patterns instead of making all the squares the identical size and attaching them together at the end, you will build up your project square by square. This is perfect for those who want a join that is harder to detect.
Pros & Cons
- It can require more patience as you go. As you work your project bigger, there is more material to shift as you join them together.
- For those who prefer a join without any ridges or perfect not to whip stitch them together, this is for you.
- Depending on your project, this could make something really stunning or be completely unnecessary to do such an effect.
This video demonstrates how to join as you go
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn to Crochet Something New with Free Crochet Patterns
- Learn to Crochet: 25 Simple Crochet Patterns for Beginners
- How to Crochet the Bobble Stitch + Free Crochet Patterns
- Learning the Crochet Stitches
- Crochet Abbreviations
- How Do You Read a Crochet Pattern?
- How to Cast Off and Hide Loose Ends
- Basket Weave Stitch
- How to Crochet Ribbing
- Types of Yarn and Yarn Weight
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- No-Calorie Ice Cream Cone
- Hippie Holidays Vest
- Victorian Christmas Placemat
- Olaf the Snowman Crochet Pattern
- Victorian Christmas Coaster
- Frankenstein Child Headband
- Magical Tooth Fairy Pillow
- Poinsettia Christmas Coasters
- Christmas Crochet Angel
- Season of Giving Headband