Thanks for signing up!
Crocheting in the Round
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Crocheting in the round can be very easy to do as Michael would say. Crocheted afghans often use this technique as well as hats, so read what Michael has to say about it. Rounds are easy to make but you need to keep an eye on the pattern. It has to grow evenly... Too less of stitches will cause the circle to fold in like a bowl and too loose will cause the material to create ruffles. They are fine calculations when making rounds that are actually technically easy once you see the directions on the consistency of growth.
Pros & Cons
- Rounds are fun but you can’t be distracted too much when completing them. You need to keep your eye on a pattern to ensure you aren’t doing the same counts as the row before it.
- Useful to understand when doing tree skirts, hats, and round crochet pieces.
This video demonstrates crocheting in the round producing a baby cap
Images from other crafters
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED PROJECTS
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn to Crochet Something New with Free Crochet Patterns
- Learn to Crochet: 25 Simple Crochet Patterns for Beginners
- How to Crochet the Bobble Stitch + Free Crochet Patterns
- Learning the Crochet Stitches
- Crochet Abbreviations
- How Do You Read a Crochet Pattern?
- How to Crochet Ribbing
- The History of Crochet
- How to Cast Off and Hide Loose Ends
- Basket Weave Stitch
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- No-Calorie Ice Cream Cone
- Hippie Holidays Vest
- Victorian Christmas Placemat
- Olaf the Snowman Crochet Pattern
- Victorian Christmas Coaster
- Frankenstein Child Headband
- Magical Tooth Fairy Pillow
- Poinsettia Christmas Coasters
- Christmas Crochet Angel
- Season of Giving Headband