Thanks for signing up!
Basket Weave Stitch
By: Michael Sellick The Crochet Crowd
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
When working on a free crochet pattern you may come across a basket weave stitch. This is a simple technique involving the posts of crochet to create the effect of a wicker basket. This causes material to be more compact and warmer. It required more material than an average afghan because it is compacting the yarn to give it this effect. You can use this pattern for any size hook and complimentary yarn.
Pros & Cons
- Wonderful as 1 color only. Due to the technique, doing two colours would cause the colors to appear bleeding or mismatching.
- Compact Design leaving no gaps or holes in your work.
- Very easily done and can make a beginner look like they are pro.
Watch this free crochet video tutorial below to learn more about the basket weave stitch.
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn to Crochet Something New with Free Crochet Patterns
- Learn to Crochet: 25 Simple Crochet Patterns for Beginners
- How to Crochet the Bobble Stitch + Free Crochet Patterns
- Learning the Crochet Stitches
- Crochet Abbreviations
- How to Cast Off and Hide Loose Ends
- How Do You Read a Crochet Pattern?
- How to Crochet Ribbing
- Basket Weave Stitch
- Types of Yarn and Yarn Weight
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags