Newborn Newsboy Cap
By: Emi Harrington
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Crochet an adorable Newborn Newsboy Cap for that little bundle of joy. This baby crochet pattern fits size newborn to three months. The side flower detail is perfect for a little girl. Add a button for your little man.
Crochet Hook: I/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Worsted weight yarn (3 oz)
- Scraps of contrasting colors (approximately 10 yards)
- Crochet Hook, 5.5mm (US I-9)
- Yarn needle
- Button or bead for center of flower
INSTRUCTIONS: Gauge: 4 stitches equals 1 inch NEWBORN: 13 inch headband
1. Chain 4, slip stitch join and form a ring.
2. Chain 2, holding the yarn end along the outside of the ring, make 9 double crochet in the ring, slip stitch to join. (10 stitches, chain 2 counts as one.)
3. Chain 2 and turn, make 2 double crochet in each stitch across the round, slip stitch to join. (20 stitches).
4. Chain 2 and turn, make 2 double crochet in each stitch across the round, slip stitch to join. (40 stitches).
5. Chain 2 and turn, double crochet in each stitch across the round, slip stitch to join.
6. Repeat row 5 for 4 rows. Fasten off.
7. Attach contrasting color in the fasten off stitch, single crochet in each stitch across the round, slip stitch to join. Fasten off.
MAKE THE BRIM:
8. Attach yarn in the 11th stitch past the fasten off stitch, on either side. Single crochet in the next 18 stitches.
9. *Chain 1 and turn, single crochet across the row. Repeat from * for one more row.
10.* Chain 1 and turn, skip the 1st stitch, single crochet across the row, skipping the 2nd last stitch, single crochet in the last stitch. Repeat from * for 2 more rows and fasten off. Weave all yarn ends into the finished work. (The yarn end at the top of the hat can be pulled to close up the hole.)
MAKE THE FLOWER: Flower consists of 2 layers:
Bottom layer: Working with 2 strands of yarn, chain 5, slip stitch to join and form a ring. Chain 1, *make 5 double crochet in the ring, single crochet in the ring. (Petal formed.) Repeat from * to make a total of 5 petals in the ring, slip stitch to join and fasten off.
Top layer: Working with 1 strand of yarn, chain 5, slip stitch to join and form a ring. *Chain 5, single crochet in the ring. (Loopformed). Repeat from * to make a total of 6 loops in the ring, slip stitch to join and fasten off. Stack the 2 layers, sew together, and sew a bead or button in the center. Attach to the hat.
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- No-Calorie Ice Cream Cone
- Hippie Holidays Vest
- Victorian Christmas Placemat
- Olaf the Snowman Crochet Pattern
- Victorian Christmas Coaster
- Frankenstein Child Headband
- Magical Tooth Fairy Pillow
- Poinsettia Christmas Coasters
- Christmas Crochet Angel
- Season of Giving Headband