Knit and Crochet Baby Granny Hat
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Magenta and olive colors are used to make this Knit and Crochet Baby Granny Hat. Dress baby in style with this free crochet hat pattern. The ribbing and crown of the hat are knit, while the granny square is crocheted.
Crochet Hook: H/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Hat measures approximately 17 (19)"/43 (48.5)cm circumference at band, unstretched
Note: Band will stretch to accommodate a range of head sizes.
- Stitch.Rock.Love. Sheep(ish) from Caron (70% Acrylic/30% Wool; 3oz/85g, 167yds/153m)
- 0006 Magenta(ish) (A): 1 skein
- 0019 Olive(ish) (B): 1 skein
- One size US H-8 (5mm) crochet hook, or size to obtain gauge.
- One size US 8 (5mm) circular needle, 16" long, or size to obtain gauge
- One set US 8 (5mm) double-pointed needles
- Yarn needle
One granny square measures about 2 x 2"/5 x 5cm
In 2 x 2 Rib, 15 sts = 4"/10cm, unstretched
CROCHET STITCHES USED
Chain (ch), double crochet (dc), single crochet (sc), slip stitch (sl st)
KNIT STITCHES USED
Knit (k), Purl (p)
k2tog: Knit 2 together– Knit 2 sts together through the front loops. (1 st decreased)
2 x 2 Rib (multiple of 4 sts)
Round 1: (RS) *K2, p2; repeat from * around.
Round 2: Knit the knit sts and purl the purl sts as they face you.
Repeat Round 2 for 2 x 2 Rib.
GRANNY SQUARE (make 18 (20) – 17 (19) with A, 1 with B)
With crochet hook and A, ch 5; join with sl st in first ch to form a ring.
Round 1 (RS): Ch 3 (counts as dc), 2 dc in ring, ch 3, [3 dc in ring, ch 3] 3 times; join with sl st in top of beginning ch—12 dc and 4 ch-3 sps.
Round 2: Ch 1, sc in same st as join, sc in next 2 dc, 3 sc in next ch-3 sp, [sc in next 3 dc, 3 sc in next ch-3 sp] 3 times; join with sl st in first sc—24 sc. Fasten off.
Assembly: Arrange granny squares, with RS facing up, into 2 strips of 9 (10) squares each. Sew squares together to form strips. Sew long edges of strips together. Sew short ends of piece together to form ring of squares. Weave in ends.
With RS facing, circular needle and A, pick up and k64 (72) sts evenly spaced around lower edge of granny square ring. Note: Lower edge is edge with strip of squares that contains the B-colored square.
Work in 2 x 2 Rib for 6 rounds.
BO in 2 x 2 Rib.
With RS facing, circular needle and B, pick up and k64 (70) sts evenly spaced around top edge of granny square ring. Note: Change to double pointed needles when stitches have been sufficiently decreased.
Rounds 1–5: Knit.
Round 6: *K2tog, k1; repeat from * to last st, k1—43 (47) sts.
Round 7: Knit.
Round 8: *K2tog; repeat from * to last st, k1—22 (24) sts.
Round 9: Knit.
Round 10: *K2tog; repeat from * around—11 (12) sts.
Round 11: Knit.
Cut yarn, leaving a long tail. Thread tail through stitches of last round. Pull gently, but firmly, to close opening. Secure end.
Using yarn needle, weave in all ends.
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags